These policies apply to the State Library of Iowa's third floor conference room (Forrest Spaulding Conference Room, #310).
- The primary purpose of the State Library's meeting room is the facilitation of library-related activities and activities of other building occupants. When the room is not being used for these purposes, it will be available to other users on a first come, first served basis.
- Availability of the room will be determined by State Library staff. The State Library reserves the right to cancel reservations when circumstances warrant; cancellations will not be made without prior notification.
- Meeting room is available during library hours: Monday through Friday, 8 am until 4:30 pm.
- Meeting room use intended for one-time events or for brief series of meetings. Users may request a maximum of three separate events at any one time, and a maximum of five consecutive days in any one month. The meeting rooms are not intended for long-term training or semester-long classes.
- Special arrangements may be made for use of the State Library's various audio/visual equipment by requesting the equipment through the online reservation request form.
- The user may move and rearrange the tables and chairs but furniture must be returned to its original position. Post-it notes and self-adhesive flip chart paper may be attached to the walls, other types of adhesive are not allowed. The user is responsible for leaving the meeting room in good order, and is financially responsible for any damage to or loss of library property.
- The user is responsible for insuring that the scheduled meeting or activity does not disturb State Library customers or other building occupants, interfere with work-related activities of staff, or interfere with the continuing conduct of state agency business.
- Food and non-alcoholic beverages are allowed in the meeting room. All refreshments (including coffee and condiments) are to be provided by the user. Users must clean up the room and discard their own trash.
- Smoking is not permitted anywhere on the Capitol Complex.
- Users must comply with posted fire regulations.
- The State Library is not responsible for theft or damage of personal items occurring in connection with use of the meeting rooms.
- Permission to use the meeting room does not imply endorsement of, or agreement with, the purpose(s) or the expression of any individual or organization by the Iowa Commission of Libraries, State Library, or its staff.