ILEAD USA teams use poster session to describe projects
Team members met June 18-19 in Ames to work on their projects
Teams from the ILEAD USA Iowa project gathered for the second time in Ames on June 18-19 to work on and explain their projects at a poster session. Each team (see below) has identified a single project that will address and meet the needs of their communities. Teams used the skills and training acquired throughout the first session - March 26-28 - to develop, implement, manage and evaluate their projects. They have been assisted by Iowa instructors and mentors who provide guidance. June was the second of three in-person sessions to be held throughout the year. (See photos of June 19 poster session.)
Iowa Library Services is partnering with the state libraries of Illinois, Colorado, Ohio and Utah to implement ILEAD USA through a Laura Bush 21st Century Librarian Program grant from the Institute of Museum and Library Services.
Below are the names of teams, instructors and mentors.
1. DALINC: Create a database of Dubuque/Northeast Iowa area history that will enable the community to access and learn about the region's rich heritage.
Dawn Schrandt, James Kennedy Public Library, Dyersville
Jonathan Helmke, Charles C Myers Library, University of Dubuque
Heidi Pettit, Loras College
Debra Grant, Northeast Iowa Community College-Calmar Campus
Michael May, Carnegie-Stout Public Library, Dubuque
2. G-Team: Provide easier access to existing digital collections about Poweshiek County history, digitally preserve resources, and provide infrastructure to digitize primary source materials across the county.
Catherine Rod, Grinnell College Libraries
Christopher Jones, Grinnell College Libraries
Julia Bauder, Grinnell College Libraries
Sharon Johnson, Drake Community Library, Grinnell
Monique Shore, Drake Community Library, Grinnell
3. Community Calendar: Create a website calendar forum with community events. Project will include a mobile application with the ability to translate in different languages.
Mary Murphy, Perry Public Library
Katherine Rich, Upham Memorial Library, Fredericksburg
Nicholas Shimmin, West Branch Public Library
Misty Gray, Storm Lake Public Library
Sarah Rosenblum, Marshalltown Public Library
4. Team Tech Teen - Offer an online summer reading program using an app and online-based experience.
Sarah Carlin, Scott County Library System
Christine Barth, Scott County Library System
Frankie Hannan, Missouri Valley Public Library
5. Dallas County Librarians Online Book Discussion: Create a variety of online book discussions using multiple Web 2.0 tools to reach busy library users and communities that may not have access to traditional book discussions.
Jolena Welker, Van Meter Public Library
Laura Hanson, Adel Public Library
Leah White, Minburn Public Library
Brianna Glenn, DeSoto Public Library
Louise Alcorn, West Des Moines Public Library
Bart Schmidt, Cowles Library, Drake University
Aimee Clark, Milford Memorial Library
Mandie Roberts, Spencer Public Library
Nancy Medema, Iowa Library Services
Karen Burns, Iowa Library Services
Kim Van Deest, Waterloo Public Library
Eunice Riesberg, Iowa Library Services
Marie Harms, Iowa Library Services
Alysia Peich, Iowa Library Services
Michael Dargan, Waterloo Public Library
Jennie Garner, North Liberty Community Library
Becky Heil, Iowa Library Services
Brandie Ledford, Sac City Public Library
Andrew Hoppmann, Lied Public Library, Clarinda