Iowa Library Services has a license to TeachingBooks.net that everyone associated with Iowa's public libraries may freely use through July 31, 2014.
WHAT IS TEACHINGBOOKS.NET?
TeachingBooks.net is a database of ready-to-use multimedia materials about children's and young adult books, authors, and illustrators. On TeachingBooks you'll find:
- A digital library with tens of thousands of resources supporting children's and YA fiction and informational books
- Exclusive movies and audio productions with authors introducing their books and revealing their craft
- Audio book readings, author websites and blogs, video book trailers, and other engaging resources to infuse multimedia into library programs and activities
- Ready-to-use, evaluated activity and discussion guides that enliven library programs for children and youth
- Resources linked to hundreds of thematic lists of children's and YA books
- Resources that can be aligned with one click to your own book club and other reading lists
- Literature resources for homeschool families in your community
- An equity tool that connects all readers with authors anywhere, anytime
Easily access thousands of resources, including author interview movies, book discussion guides and lesson plans, audio book readings, and more:
1. Go to: http://TeachingBooks.net/Iowa_Signin
2. Enter Username: Iowa AND Password: Public
Once you sign in, use the search box at the top of the screen to find materials about books, authors, or subjects that you are teaching. Or, here are three suggested starting points.
- Watch a 3-minute overview video, then explore our best practices: http://TeachingBooks.net/BestPractices_Tour
- Watch movies of amazing authors and illustrators in their homes and studios, which you can project in your library and classroom:
- Explore the links near the top of the home page, including Common Core materials, TeachingBooks.net original Meet-the-Author Movies, materials associated with Iowa state book awards, and more.
Access to TeachingBooks.net through Iowa Library Services is provided by Iowa Area Education Agencies.