The Accreditation and Standards program encourages the ongoing development of high quality public library services in Iowa. Every three years, each library reports its progress toward achieving accreditation. Because Accreditation Tier Levels are used to determine state funding levels for the library, it is critical for all public library directors to be familiar with the State Library's accreditation and standards program.
Upon completion of this workshop, participants will be able to:
- Define the essential concepts of the accreditation and standards program
- Identify key connections between "In Service to Iowa" and the annual survey
- Explain how Direct State Aid tier levels are determined
- Identify supporting documentation
- Operate key functions in the new online application form, including
--Automatic calculations from annual survey data
--Submitting of application form
The last half hour of the class will be devoted to a question and answer session.