Iowa Library Services manages a buying group for Iowa libraries of all types to purchase full MARC records from OCLC. The advantage of joining this consortium is that libraries may order fewer than 250 records per year, which is the minimum purchase for an individual institution.
Each year Iowa Library Services:
- collects the orders and submits the order for the entire consortium to OCLC
- invoices and collects the funds from the participating libraries
- maintains a list of member institutions in the consortium
CatExpress is a fast and easy copy cataloging solution, designed for any library that needs a streamlined tool for obtaining full MARC records and printing labels.
- Speed up copy cataloging with high hit rates from WorldCat, the authoritative bibliographic database that connects you to more than 217 million materials records for popular and hard-to-find items
- Intuitive Web-based interface is easy for students and new staff to use, regardless of previous cataloging experience
- Simple six-step process for copy cataloging
- Search for and retrieve MARC records
- Basic editing of bibliographic records
- Print spine and pocket labels for items in your collection
- Download OCLC-MARC records
- Online documentation and context-sensitive help
- CatExpress subscribers can receive upgraded WorldCat records automatically, through the Bibliographic Record Notification service, at no additional charge
Links to OCLC CatExpress