JOIN US FOR THE 2017 CONFERENCE
"Lean Mean Library Machine"
JANUARY 19, 2017
9:00 am - 7:30 pm
Offering keynote speakers, concurrent sessions on a variety of topics, an evening session designed for trustees, and an exhibit hall--all online in Adobe Connect classrooms or a Zoom meeting room--you can attend from your library or from home! Come and go throughout the day, attending the sessions you’re most interested in. A main goal of ILOC is to replicate the "in-person" conference experience but a free option with no travel component. A sneak peek at the emerging 2017 event reveals these highlights:
- Opening keynote speaker Teresa Hay McMahon. Teresa is the Executive Director of the Iowa Lean Consortium (ILC), a non-profit consortium of businesses, government, education and healthcare working to drive competitive performance improvements in Iowa organizations by expanding Lean culture and sharing lessons learned
- Multiple breakout sessions with topics suitable for staff from all sizes of Iowa libraries
- Exhibit hall session
- New this year a panel discussion on Library Hacks
- The evening keynote session is developed especially for library boards, featuring Pat Wagner. Pat has been a library trainer and consultant since 1978. She is a frequent visitor to Iowa libraries and institutions since the Great Flood of 1993. Pat has conducted library board training on topics including roles, conflict management, director searches, and ethics for libraries across the United States, and she is known for her good-humored and practical programs.
Some important information about the keynote sessions. We will be using Zoom, web conferencing system, for our morning and evening keynote sessions. Before the morning of the conference, simply follow these instructions:
- This session uses ZOOM, a product that requires a client that should install on your system in under 5 minutes. The client will install when you first visit the webinar link: https://zoom.us/j/749160944
The Innovative Libraries Online Conference is sponsored by the State Library of Iowa