The Enrich Iowa Programs include:
- Direct State Aid for public libraries, which is intended to improve library services and reduce inequities among communities.
- Open Access, which enables Iowans from participating libraries to check out physical materials at other participating libraries, thereby providing them with direct access to more materials and information resources.
- Interlibrary Loan Reimbursement, which provides Iowans with equal access to library resources by encouraging and supporting interlibrary loan among all types of libraries.
Enrich Iowa Review
The Enrich Iowa programs have been in a review process since July 2014. A Steering Committee, Task Force of Iowa librarians, and a State Library Staff Committee have made recommendations on changes to the programs to take effect July 2017. The final report was presented and approved by the Iowa Commission of Libraries at the Sept. 2016 meeting.
FY17 Enrich Iowa Funding
FY17 Agreements - Due April 30, 2016
If libraries wished to participate in and receive money from Direct State Aid, Open Access Reimbursement, and/or Interlibrary Loan Reimbursement in FY17, they must have submitted an Enrich Iowa Agreement by April 30, 2016.
FY17 Enrich Iowa Terms of Agreement - For Current Fiscal Year July 1, 2016 - June 30, 2017
The Terms of Agreement includes the general provisions and guidelines for each Enrich Iowa Program.
If you have questions, contact:
- Iowa Library Services' toll free number: 800-248-4483
- Scott Dermont, (Direct State Aid, Open Access, and ILL Reimbursement) 515-281-7573, email@example.com
Other Items of Interest