The Enrich Iowa Program includes:
- Direct State Aid for public libraries, intended to improve library services and reduce inequities among communities.
- Open Access which enables Iowans from participating libraries to check out physical materials at other participating libraries, thereby providing them with direct access to more materials and information resources.
- Interlibrary Loan Reimbursement which provides Iowans with equal access to library resources by encouraging and supporting interlibrary loan among all types of libraries.
FY13 Enrich Iowa Reports Due July 31, 2013:
- Direct State Aid FY13
- Open Access FY13 For the list of cities that contract for library services, click here.
- - Check here to verify receipt of your Enrich Iowa reports. Not available yet. Check back soon.
FY14 Enrich Iowa Funding
$350,000 of Enrich Iowa funding was restored by the legislature for FY14. The restored funding will be distributed proportionally across all three programs.
To participate, sign and return the Enrich Iowa Agreement as described below:
- Print a copy of the Enrich Iowa Agreement and read the terms of agreements for Direct State Aid, Interlibrary Loan Reimbursement and Open Access. (To reduce costs, Iowa Library Services is not mailing paper copies of the agreement.) Only public libraries are eligible to participate in Direct State Aid.
- Mark the boxes on the Enrich Iowa Agreement to indicate your library’s participation.
- Sign the Letter of Agreement (signed by library director or other signatory authority).
- Send the agreement to Iowa Library Services - Des Moines Office by mail or fax: 515-281-6191 or scan it and e-mail it to: email@example.com.
- Agreement must be received at the Iowa Library Services - Des Moines office by June 30, 2013
- Enrich Iowa Agreement - Public Libraries FY14
- Enrich Iowa Agreement - Academic, AEA, Institutional, School and Special Libraries FY14
- Direct State Aid Terms of Agreement FY14 (public libraries only)
- ILL Reimbursement Terms of Agreement FY14
- Open Access Terms of Agreement FY14
If you have questions, contact:
- Iowa Library Services' toll free number: 800-248-4483
- Marie Harms, (ILL Reimbursement) 515-281-3464, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Scott Dermont, (Direct State Aid and Open Access) 515-281-7573, email@example.com
Other Items of Interest
Amount of funding received by public libraries for Direct State Aid, Open Access and ILL Reimbursement in FY13. Updated 1/18/2013.
Open Access and ILL Reimbursement funding received by academic libraries and other educational agencies in FY13. Updated 1/18/2013.
- Enrich Iowa Frequently Asked Questions