The State Library of Iowa's Library Support Network staff, located in Des Moines and six district offices, work to make library service in Iowa the best it can be by offering services, programs, and education for libraries. The program is funded with state funds from the Iowa General Fund and federal Library Services and Technology Act funds (LSTA) from the Institute of Museum and Library Services (IMLS).
- We provide consulting, continuing education and technical support to the staff and trustees of Iowa’s
- We administer Enrich Iowa which includes Direct State Aid to Public Libraries, Open Access and Interlibrary Loan Reimbursement.
- Some of our consultants specialize in particular areas such as continuing education, library statistics, technology, library services for kids, E-rate and more.
- Have a question? Contact our friendly, knowledgeable staff: Staff Directory
What We Care About
- We are passionate about the value of libraries and the difference they make in people's lives.
- We advocate for libraries and librarians and seek opportunities for them.
- In partnership with libraries, we identify and create innovations for helping libraries improve services for Iowans.