SILO provides domain name hosting services to Iowa's libraries at no cost to the library.
- All domain names we host must end in .lib.ia.us.
- We provide primary and secondary name service for all of domains we host.
- We can answer questions regarding commercial domain names ending in .com or .org, but we can not register or host them.
- Domains ending in .lib.ia.us are registered through the Iowa Communications Network at no cost to the library.
- If you would like us to host a new domain, please contact us and we will complete the online forms at the ICN on your behalf.
- If you would like to host your own domain, but you need help registering the domain, please contact us. We can answer any questions you may have, and we can walk you through the registration process.