About the Service
This service allows you to synchronize calendars, contacts, and email between your PLOW webmail account and your mobile device. Changes on your mobile device are reflected in webmail, and changes in webmail are reflected on your mobile device almost instantly. This service also works with Microsoft Outlook 2013.
If you are interested in accessing only your email on your mobile device, please follow these instructions for Android and Apple devices.
Requesting the Service
We have a limited number licenses available that support calendars, contacts, and email. These licenses are offered to public library staff on a first come first serve basis.
To request this service, fill out the online application form. You will be placed on a waiting list. When a license is available, we will let you know that your account has been activated.
Note: If you are not actively using this service, we may disable mobile device support on your account, so someone else can use the license.
Using a Mobile Device or Outlook 2013 With Your PLOW Email Account
After your account has been activated, you will need to:
- Create a calendar in your webmail account
- Configure your mobile device
How To Create a Calendar In Your Webmail Account
- Log in to webmail.
- Right click on your account folder, above Inbox (e.g., firstname.lastname@example.org).
- Select Create Folder…
- You must name your calendar “Calendar” (capitalize the C, no quotes).
- From the Type drop down menu, select Calendar.
- Click Create.
How To Configure Your Mobile Device
Given the variety of mobile devices that are available, we cannot provide step-by-step instructions to setup your device. You will need to work with your mobile device provider or someone familiar with email accounts on your mobile device.
You must add a specific type of email account to your mobile device:
- Android devices call them Corporate accounts.
- iOS devices call them Exchange accounts.
Take these settings to your mobile device provider and have them assist you with setting up your account.
- Email: FULL email address
- Username: FULL email address
- Password: email password
- Domain: Leave blank
- Server: smail.silo.lib.ia.us
- Make sure to use secure connection SSL
How To Configure Microsoft Outlook 2013
Step-by-instructions are available for Outlook 2013. Earlier versions of Outlook are not supported.