How To: Delete Messages With Thunderbird
- Select the folder under your SILO e-mail account containing the messages to be deleted.
- Select the message(s) to be deleted from the message list
- Pull-down the Edit menu and select the Delete Message option
Click on the Delete button in the toolbar
Press the Delete key on the keyboard
- The selected message(s) will be moved to the Trash folder.
- Pull-down the File menu and select the Empty Trash option to permanently delete all messages in the trash.
- Select the Trash folder under your SILO e-mail account.
- Select a message that you want to save, and drag it to the folder you want to save it in.
Web Mail and Thunderbird
Deleting messages from your SILO e-mail account is always a two step process. In both web mail and Thunderbird messages are moved to the Trash folder and then the Trash folder is emptied. You should never partially delete messages you might want to keep, as it's very easy to permanently delete them by mistake:
- Don't store messages you might want to keep in the Trash folder. They'll be deleted automatically after 7 days.