Any member of the Iowa library community may request an e-mail list on SILO. Lists may be used by public library staff to communicate with each other about specific topics. SILO does not currently host e-mail lists for public library staff to communicate with the general public.
Steps to Request a New E-mail List
Complete the form on line, including:
- The name of the e-mail list
- The type of subscription settings desired.
- A description of the e-mail list including the purpose of the list, who can join the list, and what's appropriate to post to the list.
- The owner of the e-mail list and his or her e-mail address.
SILO staff will set up the e-mail list and notify the applicant when the e-mail list is operational.
Responsibilities of SILO E-mail List Owners
An e-mail list owner administers a list. Responsibilities include:
- Handling requests for subscriptions and unsubscriptions
- Handling questions and complaints from list subscribers
- Discerning who should and should not subscribe to the e-mail list
- Making sure the list stays on topic