More On the Value of Libraries
- A new Pew Internet and American Life study reports really interesting findings about the reading, technology and library habits of younger Americans. "The under-30 age group remains anchored in the digital age, but retains a strong relationship with print media and an affinity for libraries.” View the complete report.
- Parents, Children, Libraries and Reading - A report from the Pew Research Center's Internet & American Life Project
- “Libraries Look Beyond the Shelves” Libraries are shifting from places where you look up facts to places where you learn skills. “The role of public libraries is creating spaces that connect people to information and ideas….It’s still a really powerful message and mission we need to continue.”
- Community Centered: 23 Reasons Why Your Library Is the Most Important Place in Town - Public Libraries Online
- 2012 State of America's Libraries - American Library Association
- FY12 - Interesting Facts about Iowa's Public Libraries - Iowa Library Services / State Library
- Best-selling Author Scott Turow Writes About the Value of Libraries and the Threats They Face - Submitted by Mark Gould on Tue, 02/15/2011
- Brad Meltzer:"Don’t Close the Book on Libraries!"
Submitted by Jan Carmichael on Mon, 05/02/2011 - 11:43
- Show 'em You're Hurting - David Miller, Former Board President, State Library of Ohio
- Let-them-eat-cake attitude threatens to destroy a network of public assets - by Scott Turow, president, Authors Guild. Huffington Post, February 15, 2011
- 12 Ways Libraries are Good for the Country - American Libraries, 12/21/10. Click hear for a Word document of this article.
- What Resonates with Decision Makers - Notes taken at the Rural Library Advocacy Workshop, Boston, 2006
- Struggling to be Heard? Promote Your Library - Partner with Others by Ben Hildebrandt, Iowa Bankers Association.
- Libraries that Matter - "Reaching beyond the buzz of high design, libraries are redefining themselves as community centers for the 21st century." By Project for Public Spaces.
- Libraries and New Americans: The Indispensable Link. By Post Writers Group.com.
- Are Librarians Totally Obsolete? 33 Reasons Why Libraries and Librarians are Still Extremely Important - by Will Sherman
- Dream freely and watch them come true @ Your Library - Karen Burns, Administrator, Southwest Iowa Library Service Area.
Annette Wetteland — last modified Aug 21, 2013 11:56 AM