The State Library of Iowa's Specialized Library Services staff provide information services to the three branches of state government, and offer general and detailed information to the public in the areas of Iowa government, Iowa law, and Iowa culture.
- Professional research librarians use their knowledge of state government, state contacts, and extensive resources to provide expert information to our customers.
- Professional law librarians use their research skills to provide legal, legislative, and judicial information.
- Books, journals, DVDs, etc. are available for check out via our online catalog to all Iowa residents, and may be sent to state employees’ offices upon request.
- Online resources and databases, accessible from our website, provide electronic access to journal articles, reference resources and other selected sites.
- If you have questions, please contact our friendly, knowledgeable staff.
What We Are Currently Emphasizing
While all of our programs and services for Iowans are important, we are placing particular emphasis on:
- Telling the Iowa story through non-fiction books and journals about Iowa and Iowans in our Iowa Collection.